Excerpts From the Roman Missal
Liturgical Press Edition
Excerpts from the Roman Missal (also known informally as the "Book of the Chair"). is a welcome solution to a common concern: The size and weight of the Roman Missal make it difficult for altar servers, especially children, to hold for the celebrant. 'Excerpts' includes only those texts of the Missal that are used by priests at the chair.
The Liturgical Press edition of Excerpts is published with the same high quality and standards as our Roman Missal. It features:
- a rich, durable, deep-red cloth cover embellished with Christ enthroned, rendered in a distinguished, bold style and foil stamped in gold and silver;
- beautiful illustrations by renowned liturgical artist, Br. Martin Erspamer, OSB;
- prayer texts set in readable, easy-to-proclaim type on natural ivory quality paper;
- three sturdy grosgrain ribbon bookmarks to enhance ease-of-use by celebrants;
- gilded page edges that further esteem the text visually.
Available March 15, 2018.