100% Beeswax Candles for Religious and Home Use
Beeswax candles are required to celebrate the Catholic Mass and Orthodox Divine Liturgy. Other Christian and even some non-Christian religions make use of beeswax candles in their services. T. H. Stemper Co.’s huge selection of 100% beeswax candles ranges from thin, 11/16” diameter up to 2 ¼” thick candles. Lengths vary between 8” up to 33 ¾” tall candles. Not all diameters are available in all lengths, but with our wide offering, you’re sure to find the 100% beeswax altar candle you need. Beeswax candles are rapidly becoming popular for home use and all of our candles are available for sale to private individuals as well as religious organizations. When ordering candles, there is a discount for buying multiple boxes, letting you buy in bulk and save.
Beeswax Candle Benefits
Compared to paraffin, beeswax candles offer several benefits. Paraffin candles are heavily processed petroleum products, requiring many additives and toxic chemicals to produce. 100% beeswax candles are, obviously, made exclusively from naturally occurring beeswax. While they may cost slightly more per candle, beeswax has the highest melting point of all known waxes, resulting in extremely long burn times. A 100% beeswax candle normally burns two to five times longer than a similarly sized paraffin candle, easily making up for the extra cost. Beeswax candles also burn noticeably brighter than a paraffin version. Since beeswax candles are completely natural and non-toxic, they are hypo-allergenic, making them ideal for people with asthma or allergies.
Taking Care of your 100% Beeswax Candles
Candles made from 100% pure beeswax provide a host of benefits over paraffin candles. To get the most out of your candles, be sure to follow the following guidelines when lighting, burning and putting out beeswax candles.
Lighting the Candle
- When you receive your candles, the wick may be bent over. Straighten it out before lighting.
- There should be about ¾” of wick sticking out. A shorter or longer wick will cause burning problems. You may need to trim the wick or remove some wax to get the wick to the proper height.
- Cut off any curled-over portion of the wick.
- Make sure your candle is standing perfectly straight. Any leaning can cause uneven burning and dripping wax.
- Put a follower of the right size on your candle. This ensures the candle burns properly. Seat the follower on the candle and make sure it is level.
- The first time you light a 100% beeswax candle, be sure to burn it for at least two minutes to condition the candle before use.
- If you use a taper lighter, do not let any part of the taper fall into the candle. Doing so could create a second wick, potentially ruining the candle.
- Do not light a candle if there are any foreign objects in it. Remove them first, or you may ruin the candle.
Burning the Candle
- Do not put the candle where there may be a draft or breeze blowing on it.
- When the candle is burning well, do not move or jostle it.
- Beeswax candles have minimum burn times. A general rule of thumb is candles under 2” thick should burn for at least an hour. Candles thicker than 2” should burn for an hour and a half.
Putting out the Candle
- Never blow out a beeswax candle.
- Always use a special candle extinguisher or snuffer.
- When snuffing the candle, carefully lower the bell of the snuffer over the flame. Do not touch the candle or follower. Hold the snuffer over the flame until it goes out.
If you follow these care instructions, you can count on many hours of beautiful light from your 100% pure beeswax candles. In the event something has gone wrong, you can try to repair your candle. Fixing a malfunctioning beeswax candle is not difficult, but it does require some skill and patience.
Take a thin metal object, like a knife, and carefully remove any black wax and foreign objects from the top of the candle. Scrape away enough wax so ¾” of the wick is showing. Double-check the top of the candle is flat and level. If not, scrape away enough wax to make it so. Relight the candle and let it burn for the minimum burning time based on its thickness.
Bulk Candles at Discount Prices from T.H. Stemper Co.
Beeswax candles produce almost no smoke or scent while burning much slower for longer life. Once you enjoy the benefits of beeswax altar candles, you won’t be able to use another type of candle. Order your beeswax altar candles in bulk to ensure you have enough to last. Contact us today to learn more about wholesale pricing and start saving today.