1. The information we collect
When you use our site, we receive and collect certain information. The information that we receive and collect depends on what you do when you visit T.H. Stemper Co.
- Automatically Collected Information
Some information is automatically received and sometimes collected from you when you order using the online catalog shopping cart.. We receive and collect the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site; and the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our site. We use this information to monitor the usage of our site. Also, when we send emails to you, we may be able to identify information about your email address, such as whether you can read graphic-rich HTML emails. All of the information we automatically capture provides us with the ability to enhance our customers' search and shopping experiences and to determine aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns.
- Information Collected via Cookies
If you would like to obtain more information regarding privacy choices, please visit www.privacychoices.org.
- In the future we may introduce email marketing programs. We will use Information collected using pixel tags or clear GIFs. To help us understand the effectiveness of certain of our email marketing efforts, T.H. Stemper Co. Online Shopping Catalog may use "message format" and "message open" sensing technologies. Both technologies require the use of pixel tags or clear GIFs (also called web beacons). The "message format" sensing technology allows us to recognize whether you have enabled your email program to receive HTML emails; if so, this information is then associated with your email address so that subsequent messages can be sent to you in HTML format. The "message open" sensing technology allows us to recognize whether you have opened our email message. We can only detect this if your have enabled your email program to receive HTML emails.
- For most of the browsing services we provide, we neither require nor collect "Personal Customer Information" -- your name, email address, billing address, shipping address(es), phone number and credit card information. You can browse the T.H. Stemper Co. Online Shopping Catalog site and take as much time as you want to review our products, services and reviews without having to submit such Personal Customer Information. Even when you use our shopping cart as you browse, there is no need to submit Personal Customer Information.
In the following instances, however, we do need you to actively submit Personal Customer Information when you want to open an account or complete an order.
Creating a T.H. Stemper Co. Account or Completing an Order:
You can create a customer account with T.H. Stemper Co. Online Shopping Catalog to set up a Watch List or to complete an order. To open an account, you will need to create a password-protected account with us. In doing so, we require that you provide us with all of the following Personal Customer Information: your name, email address, billing address, shipping address(es), and credit card information. We use industry standard e-commerce security technology to protect the Personal Customer Information that you transmit to us when you establish your account and each time you access your account information. When setting up the account, we ask you to create a password. When you want to make a purchase or change your stored Personal Customer Information, we approve your access by verifying your email address with your password.
2. Sharing Personal Customer Information
T.H. Stemper Co. does not share Personal Customer information for any purposes other than the following:
- Credit card companies.
Credit card transactions are handled by a third-party financial institution and their vendors, which receive the credit card number and other personal identifying information only to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions.
Law Enforcement Investigations.
T.H. Stemper Co. may release Personal Customer Information when we believe, in our good judgment, that such release is reasonably necessary to comply with law, enforce or apply the terms of any of our policies or user agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of T.H. Stemper Co, our users, or others.
3. Communications from T.H. Stemper Co.
As a customer, you may receive the following communications from the T.H. Stemper Co. Online Shopping Catalog:
- Communications related to transaction and account maintenance activities. These communications include without limitation: order confirmations; order update notices; order problem notices; and notices regarding material changes to site policies and account management procedures.
5. Questions or comments
1. Protecting your information
The Personal Customer Information you provide -- including your credit card information -- to establish an account with us and to make purchases from us is secured using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. We use this SSL technology to prevent such information from being intercepted and read as it is transmitted over the Internet. The encrypted data goes to a secure site where your information is stored on restricted-access computers located at restricted-access sites.
2. Password security
To further secure your Personal Customer Information, we require you to create a customer password when you establish an account with us. We encourage you to use a password that is not easily guessed (i.e., don't use your name or street name). Keep your password secret; do not share it with anyone. The only way you can place an order with us online is by entering both your registered email address and password.
If you forget your password, click on "My Account" and click "Password forgotten?", which is just below the "Sign In" button. You will be asked to type in your email address, and your new password will be emailed to that email account. Once you log in with your new password, you can change your password if you choose by clicking on "Change my account password" under the "My Account" Section. If you want to change your password or other account information, simply click on "My Account" and click on "View or change my account information" or "Change my account password", depending on what you are opting to do.
3. Safe Shopping Guarantee
Under federal law, a credit card issuer cannot make you liable for charges in excess of $50.00 that result from the unauthorized use of your credit card. There are similar federal laws that relate to debit cards. Exceptions do apply, and you will have to comply with the rules of your credit card or debit card issuer, so please contact your card issuer for further details.
4. Alternative customer purchasing options
If you do not feel comfortable sending your credit card information to us over the Internet, you still can shop with us. We welcome you to call us to complete your purchase by phone. Please click on the "Contact Us" link on the website for calling information.
5. Changes to security
This security policy was last changed on March 24, 2006. T.H. Stemper Co. reserves the right to modify or amend this policy at any time by posting the revised security policy on our site. The changes will only affect the information we collect after the effective date of the change to our security policy unless we clearly express otherwise.